When the chill of winter starts biting at our toes, there’s nothing better than curling up with a steaming mug of homemade hot chocolate.
Trade out the typical store-bought hot chocolate packets for a homemade recipe so the flavor is just to your liking! Whether it’s the type of chocolate, the heaviness of the milk or the choice of toppings, the possibilities for making the perfect hot chocolate are endless! Serve up in our 16oz Adorn Mug or gift the Summit Mug Set (mug and mini spatulas) and write this recipe on a card to add to your gift.
- 4 cups of whole milk. You can also substitute whole milk for half-and-half for a thicker, creamier hot chocolate, or skim milk for a lighter hot chocolate.
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of semisweet chocolate chips. For a more bittersweet taste, choose dark chocolate chips.
- ¼ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Whisk together milk, cocoa powder and sugar in saucepan over medium heat until warm, but not boiling.
- Add in chocolate chips and whisk until chocolate is evenly distributed among mixture.
- Whisk in vanilla extract.
Make the drink exactly how you want it with a wide array of toppings! These are just a few ideas to top off your hot chocolate:
- Whipped Cream
- Candy Cane crumbles
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate drizzle
- Chocolate chips